We are reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets
by introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets.
We're looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our growing product team. This opportunity sits at the nexus of Layer and requires someone that can work across varied disciplines, balance priorities, and sequence delivery to support new and existing solutions. Strong technical understanding and attention to detail are must-haves. You’ll be paired up with our CTO and CPO and report to our CPO to make sure you have the support you need to excel.You will be responsible for:
- Manage scope, prioritize trade-offs, define goals, set priorities and oversee a backlog of features from story to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle
- Support the technical specification of the backlog balancing user/business value and technical requirements ranging from: High level estimations, in depth refinement to overseeing the development process and testing/QA.
- Coordinate development efforts, timelines, deliverables with other product owners and project managers
- Help set tactical day-to-day priorities for engineering, UX and product teams
- Analyze competitive offerings for your assigned product area
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in a similar role, preferably within the B2B/SaaS space
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment as a Product Owner
- Comfortable with a multi-stakeholder environment, creating consensus and making timely decisions as needed
- Strong understanding of software development in the following areas: cloud-based infrastructure, API and back end services
- High degree of analytical & quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Fintech, especially concerning compliance and security
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience
We are 14 people in product engineering including the leadership. We’re an international English-speaking team with people from all over the world including Brazil, New Zealand, Finland, India, Philippines, Poland, Serbia, Latvia, and Germany.
We value diversity, we treat each other with respect. Our team is our most important asset.
Learn more about the product engineering team
in our Open Culture Guide
Our Open Culture
For us, the foundation of an evolving culture is based on openness, diversity, and the ability to adapt. We think that embracing our differences is an important ingredient for productivity, quality and growth. Our people are our most important asset. We treat each other with respect.
We believe company culture should follow the same principles as open-source culture. Therefore, we have decided to make most of our internal documentation public to everyone:
Explore our Open Culture Guide
for more insights on team, benefits, the way we work and code, tech-stack, interview process, onboarding, and a lot more.
Interested in joining us?
Amazing! Please send us your CV or Linkedin Profile, availability, and salary expectations.
Applying for a remote position? Make sure you are located within +- 2 hours time difference from Berlin, Germany.
For more insights about candidate experience, interview process, relocation, benefits, stock options head over to our Open Culture Guide
Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply
Layer - Reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets by building a productivity layer for Excel and Google Sheets. Find out more at https://golayer.io