We are reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets
by introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets
Be the first Test/QA engineer joining our cross-functional team. Design and drive our entire QA process across all release cycles in the application and its modules and infrastructure. Act as the main driver to grow a strong QA culture for our product engineering teams and across the organization.Over the next year you will:
Potential career path:
- Become a key QA automation resource in all release cycles for both new and existing product feature changes
- Grow the QA mindset amongst our product engineers
- Review test automation industry tools and best practices in order to make sound recommendations on how we can enhance and streamline our current framework and processes
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of our test environments and assets
- Participate in process initiatives and streamlining for the Product Engineering teams
- Establish and lead our QA teams
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and a demonstrated ability to contribute as a quality engineer in an agile development environment
- Solid experience in QA Automation with proven ability to establish and maintain an automation infrastructure/framework
- Proven history of effectively and efficiently converting manual tests into automation test suites at a reasonable rate with quality results
- Familiar with the following or similar frameworks and libraries: Spring, Angular, JUnit, Jasmine, Cypress, jslint/tslint/ktlint, etc.
- Familiar with the following or similar languages: Typescript, Kotlin/Java, etc.
- Demonstrated the ability to utilize web APIs and technologies using GraphQL, REST, JSON/XML to interface with application modules, as well as the ability to use SQL to query databases.
- Experience using a variety of toolsets, utilities, and scripts during test execution such as Postman, git, CircleCI, Docker, SonarCloud, etc
- Comfortable reading and understanding vendor API documentation
- Comfortable with setting up the appropriate vendor development sandbox
- Not intimidated with learning how to use 3rd Party vendor applications
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-directed and a process advocate
- Experience in the fintech and the regulatory field
We are 14 people in the product engineering including the leadership. We’re an international English-speaking team with people from all over the world including Brazil, New Zealand, Finnland, India, Egypt, Poland, Serbia, Latvia, and Germany.
We value diversity, we treat each other with respect. Our team is our most important asset.
Learn more about the product engineering team
in our Open Culture Guide
Our Open Culture
For us, the foundation of an evolving culture is based on openness, diversity, and the ability to adapt. We think that embracing our differences is an important ingredient for productivity, quality and growth. Our people are our most important asset. We treat each other with respect.
We believe company culture should follow the same principles as open-source culture. Therefore, we have decided to make most of our internal documentation public to everyone:
Explore our Open Culture Guide
for more insights on team, benefits, the way we work and code, tech-stack, interview process, onboarding and a lot more.
Interested in joining us?
Amazing! Please send us your CV or Linkedin Profile, availability and salary expectations.Applying for a remote position? Make sure you are located within +- 2 hours time difference from Berlin, Germany.
If you want to stand out, answer one of the following questions:
- What can we improve in our Open Culture Guide?
- What surprising thing have you learned in the last few months?
- What excites you to join us?
For more insights about candidate experience
, interview process
, stock options
head over to our Open Culture Guide
.Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
Layer - Reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets by building a productivity layer for Excel and Google Sheets. Find out more at https://golayer.io