We are reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets
by introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets
You will play a vital role in driving the business and professionalizing the commercial setup of the company. Joining a young and fast-growing startup, you will work very closely with the founders and be able to shape this early and important phase of our journey.
As a Business Intern at Layer, your job will consist of regular as well as project-related topics.
Please see a few examples below:
- Review of current commercial processes as well as identification and implementation of improvement levers
- Generation of insights on leads and usage with regular and ad-hoc reports
- Test and analysis of acquisition strategies and channels
- Support in communication towards investors
- Ad-hoc projects
If the following describes you, we‘d love to hear from you:
- You are currently pursuing your bachelor’s or master’s degree (or have already obtained your degree) at a top-tier university
- You have gained professional experience in consulting, venture capital or a high-growth startup
- You have worked with Excel and Google Sheets in the past and - ideally - have had touchpoints with finance in the past
- You have excellent analytical skills paired with a strong “hands-on” mentality
- You are fluent in English and German
We are currently a team of 16 engineers, product lovers, and business nerds coming from all parts of the globe. We’re an international, English-speaking team with people from all over the world including New Zealand, Finnland, India, Egypt, Poland, Serbia, Latvia, and Germany.
You will report to and work very closely with the founders. There will also be important interfaces with other departments like Product, Business Development, Growth and HR.
We value diversity, we treat each other with respect. Our team is our most important asset.
Learn more about us in our Open Culture Guide
Our Open Culture
For us, the foundation of an evolving culture is based on openness, diversity, and the ability to adapt. We think that embracing our differences is an important ingredient for productivity, quality and growth. Our people are our most important asset. We treat each other with respect.
We believe company culture should follow the same principles as open-source culture. Therefore, we have decided to make most of our internal documentation public to everyone:
Explore our Open Culture Guide
for more insights on team, benefits, the way we work and code, tech-stack, interview process, onboarding and a lot more.
Interested in joining us?
Amazing! Please send us your CV or Linkedin Profile, availability and salary expectations.
If you want to stand out, answer one of the following questions:
- What can we improve in our Open Culture Guide?
- What surprising thing have you learned in the last few months?
- What excites you to join us?
For more insights about candidate experience
, interview process
, stock options
head over to our Open Culture Guide
.Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
Layer - Reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets by building a productivity layer for Excel and Google Sheets. Find out more at https://golayer.io